The benefits of solar energy in Williamsburg, VA can’t be overstated—not only is this an environmentally-friendly source of alternative energy, it’ll also save you money on your utility bills. It’s also a smart investment that can raise your home’s value. When you’re thinking about purchasing or building a new home, there are plenty of reasons you should choose one with solar panels. Read on to learn why more people are going solar:
- Lower your utility bills: Most people decide to install solar panels because they want to save money on their utilities. Electricity is one of the biggest monthly expenses associated with owning a home, so anytime you have the chance to reduce those bills, why not take it? Depending on how sunny the weather is, you may be able to cut your bills down or even eliminate them entirely. Excess energy produced can be stored or sent to the electric company for a credit.
- Be kind to the environment: With climate change looming over the planet, anytime you can use an efficient alternative energy source, it makes sense to do so. Installing residential solar panels is the equivalent of planting 100 trees each year. It reduces your carbon footprint by eliminating three to four tons of carbon emissions annually.
- Get a great return on your investment: Your energy savings will pay off the cost of solar panels in just seven or eight years—and you’ll get a 20 percent ROI every year thereafter. Solar panels are a smart long-term investment for most homeowners.
- Increase your home’s value: The more popular solar panels become, the more they enhance your property value. Studies have shown that homes with solar panels sell faster and for more money than homes without them. As people continue to prioritize alternative energy, your property will increase in value.
- Support your local economy: Installing solar panels also boosts your local economy. The solar industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in America, adding thousands of jobs per year. Solar energy companies also pay higher and the jobs can’t be outsourced, making them valuable to the United States economy.
- Help maintain United States energy independence: Since the sun is an infinite energy resource, investing in solar panels can help cushion the country from rising or fluctuating energy prices around the world.
- Protect yourself against rising energy costs: Finally, installing solar panels will help protect you against rising energy costs. Even if the cost of electricity goes up, you’ll be able to produce your own. Your electric company may give you credits for excess energy produced, which will go up as their prices rise.
Overall, anytime you can invest in alternative energy, you should. There’s no shortage of reasons to install solar panels in your Williamsburg, VA home, from saving money to saving the planet.
The team at Healthy Communities builds homes that are comfortable, efficient and sustainable, and our approach includes solar panels. If you’re interested in learning more about our custom homes, call today to arrange a consultation.