When remodeling or updating a house, many homeowners assume they need to go above and beyond to transform its appearance. Knocking down walls, adding windows and redoing the floors all come to mind at first thought, especially with all of the home improvement projects on TV. But those projects can cost thousands and take months to complete!
Fortunately, doing something as simple as painting in Williamsburg, VA can breathe fresh life into your home without costing a fortune. The only conundrum is deciding what colors to choose for the project. Sadly, choosing the wrong color can make your house look worse instead of better. That’s why we’re here to help—this post from our pros will cover a few of today’s top colors that could look great on your walls:
- Beige: Because it’s a tone that goes well in any environment and helps put the mind at ease, we believe beige is coming back in a big way in 2021. Different shades of beige can be used throughout a home to create a cohesive, yet unique look.
- Moss green: A subtle green color can make your home feel warm and inviting, especially if your property is in a wooded area. The natural tone will look great with wood furniture and natural fibers.
- Dark blue: Painting your home in Williamsburg, VA blue is another way to create a comfortable environment. While any blue will do, dark blue shades will be on the rise in 2021.
- Coral or terracotta: Browns and earth tones might not work in every space, but they do create a cheerful environment. If you’re going with either of these, we advise using it sparingly. Too much of these tones might be a little overpowering.
- Orange: Another color that you’ll want to use in moderation is orange. That said, an orange accent wall can add a nice touch to any room in the house.
- Mustard: If you’re feeling daring and want to shake things up, consider a bold mustard yellow color. We guarantee a mustard wall will be the focal point of the room!
- Metallic: If you want to be bold, consider going with a silver color. As long as it’s done properly, the tone can make your home feel elegant. Overdoing the silver, though, can result in a more industrial feel.
- Turquoise: Although it’s more commonly found in the southwestern states, turquoise walls provide a cheerful warmth in any room. Pairing turquoise paint with other brightly-colored decorative elements can create a really fun vibe.
- Off white: Just because you choose an off-white color doesn’t mean your room is boring! Off white creates a comforting and calming atmosphere, which is great for bedrooms.
Building a new home? Talk to Healthy Communities!
If you’re thinking about building a new house, be sure to arrange a consultation with our team at Healthy Communities. As experts in new construction and home décor in Williamsburg, VA, we guarantee you’ll love your new space. Contact us today to learn more about our custom home construction methods.