Have you suddenly found yourself with a spare bedroom in your home after your kid moves out? You might be wondering what you can do to make better use of the space than just letting it sit empty.
Here are a few tips for spare rooms in Williamsburg, VA to help you make better use of your square footage. There are all kinds of options you can employ, depending on your needs and lifestyle:
- Guest bedroom: The simplest solution is to turn the bedroom into a guest bedroom. This won’t require you to make any significant modifications to the space. You can set it up like a hotel room, with a bed and neutral bedding, generic décor and spaces for storage. This is definitely a useful way to make use of the space if you regularly have people come to stay with you.
- Home office: Do you regularly work from home, or simply need a space where you can get away from the hustle and bustle of the rest of your home to get some tasks done? An empty bedroom can be a great area to turn into a home office, where you can set up your desk, computer, printer and other items. It can also be a great homework spot for teenagers who need a quiet place to study and complete their schoolwork.
- Reading room: Speaking of quiet places to relax, you might consider creating a reading room or study, where you can set up your bookshelves, place some comfortable seating and create a nice little retreat where you can curl up with a good book.
- Home cinema: If you don’t have a sensible place in other areas of your home to create a home theater, you might consider doing so in an empty bedroom, if you have the proper space. Add in some comfortable seating, set up a big-screen television or projector screen, put in some surround sound and enjoy an area that can be dedicated to movies and television.
- Wardrobe or dressing room: If you have a spare room in your home, you can transform it into a walk-in wardrobe or dressing room. This can increase your storage space for clothes, and also give you more space to get ready with your other accessories and makeup supplies.
- Hobby room: If you are a hobbyist, you can find a way to devote your extra room to that hobby. We’ve seen people turn extra rooms into sewing or quilting rooms, craft rooms, workshops, model display areas, music rooms and plenty of other types of unique spaces that can be completely customized for your needs for your favorite hobby.
These are just a few examples of some of the creative alternatives you can investigate. For more ideas for some spare bedroom uses in Williamsburg, VA, we encourage you to contact Healthy Communities, and we will be happy to provide you with further tips. Get started turning your unused former bedroom into your favorite room in your home when you reach out to us today!